MYF Open Day Event on the 28th of March 2015 – 12pm till 6pm
The Muslim Youth Foundation (MYF) in Manchester is the largest Mosque in City Centre Manchester. We will be opening the doors of the Mosque to the General Public on Saturday the 28th of March 2015 between 12pm & 6pm for an “Open Day”.
The aim of the Open Day is to showcase the work that the Mosque does and to build bridges & understanding with the local community. The theme of the Open Day is, “Women in Islam”.
This theme has been chosen to mark International Women’s Day which occurs in March every year. All ages, cultures, faiths are welcome – come as you are! On the day there will be:
- Mosque Tours.
- Free food, coffee, tea and cakes.
- Exhibitions on “Women in Islam”, “The Prophet Muhammad”(pbuh) and “What are the basic tenets of Islam?”.
- A Power Point presentation & a rolling TV compilation on the above topics.
- An information table.
- Arabic Calligraphy demonstration
- Henna hand painting for the ladies.
- Children’s face painting
- Costumes from Muslim Countries for people to try on.
The MYF is in the Northern Quarter of the City Centre(the area opposite the Arndale Market)
For more info on the event please call 0161 832 5352.
Also if you would like to volunteer please do not hesitate to contact us.