MYF Open day 27th September
The MYF will be having our quarterly open day again on Saturday the 27th of September 2014 in shaa Allah (12pm till 6-30pm).
The theme of the open day is “The Golden Age of Muslim Scientists”. An educational / scientific theme is chosen in September each year to coincide with the start of the new academic year for schools, colleges & universities.
As always there will be food stalls, various small exhibitions on the theme above (accompanied by a rolling audio-visual presentation), an Arabic Calligraphy demonstration, an Islamic Information stall, henna hand painting, children’s face painting as well as mosque tours inshAllah.
Volunteers will be greatly appreciated in the following areas in shaa Allah:
1. Creation of small exhibitions on the topic of “The Golden Age of Muslim Scientists”
– if you have any ideas on creating a small exhibition on the above theme then please let me know. The MYF can help with providing resources for you to turn your idea into an exhibition (laptop, paper, printer etc).
– if you prefer, you can do the research at home & e-mail the material to me which I can then print off & add to the exhibition inshAllah.
2. Volunteers to help set up for the open day on Friday the 26th of September 2014, 4pm onwards iA (We will meet at the MYF).
3. Volunteers to help out on the open day itself:
– Volunteers to greet people visiting the open day & take them round the open day exhibits.
– Volunteers to hand out flyers advertising the open day to people walking past the MYF to invite them into the MYF for the open day iA.
– Volunteers to generally help out on the day itself in shaa Allah.